Improve your oral pathology detective skills! Through case presentation and real-life examples, this lecture will review the clinical and radiologic features of the most common sources of diagnostic uncertainty, in contrast to the key characteristics of rarer diseases that may mimic them. In addition, situations will be highlighted when clues from the patient’s history are key to making the diagnosis. Participants will feel more prepared to catch common culprits and spot a mimic when faced with abnormalities of the jaws and oral cavity.
- Reviews clinical and radiologic assessment of pathology of the oral cavity.
- Reviews the important questions to ask when “profiling” a patient for risk factors.
- Presents a systematic approach to radiologic interpretation of an abnormality.
- Presents practical tips to aid in the recognition of key features that distinguish various pathologies of the jaws.
- Highlights situations when further investigation is needed and radiologic assessment of pathology of the oral cavity.