One of the ways that patients evaluate the quality of their dentist is by the effectiveness of their pain management. It’s no secret that there are plenty of pain-causing procedures in dentistry. Since avoidance of discomfort is not possible, its management is of paramount importance for favourable patient experiences and to reduce practitioner stress. This seminar will review how to avoid and correct local anaesthetic failures, particularly in the mandibular arch. From injection techniques to local anaesthetic agent choices, we will discuss ways to get your patients numb. This course will also discuss the effective management of post-operative pain from managing patient expectations to sensible pharmacologic strategies.
- Review algorithms for troubleshooting local anaesthetic failures
- Become more familiar with alternative mandibular block techniques
- Review of alternate local anaesthesia armamentarium
- Review the pharmacologic principles of analgesics
- Review analgesia strategies
- Review or create a pain management algorithm