We live in a world of rapid innovation, new developments, and also unforeseen and stressful changes. Dental treatment approaches are constantly evolving and being targeted to more complex clinical situations. Dentists have to be able to adapt to change and think ‘outside of the box’, in order to meet these challenges. Learning new approaches is just one aspect of maintaining clinical excellence; dentists also need to focus on wellness in order to be the best clinicians they can be.
The 5th Update in Dentistry Symposium will focus not only on innovative and contemporary ways of managing routine and complex dental problems, but also on stressful and difficult situations many clinicians have been or are experiencing – burnout. Experts from the Department of Dentistry at Mount Sinai Hospital will cover an eclectic mixture of topics that include restorative, endodontic, surgical and periodontal techniques, management of patients with special needs, and clinician wellness.
Through active participation in lectures and interactive workshops dentists, dental specialists, dental specialty residents and dental hygienists will be introduced to new perspectives and creative ideas, while still adhering to basic and important treatment principles that are integral to excellence in patient care.
After active participation in the educational session, participants will:
- Recognize a spectrum of clinical situations that present greater complexity in dental management
- Learn about contemporary approaches to the management of routine and complex maxillofacial and dental cases and be able to critically assess these approaches
- Review strategies useful in the management of patients with special needs
- Learn about the impact of burnout on clinician wellness
- The speakers have no financial interests that would create a conflict of interest or restrict their judgement with regard to the content of this presentation.
- Case images are property of the speaker unless otherwise noted.